• Contact Info
+32 (0) 2 62 60 72 7
+32 (0) 4 95 12 96 01
31 Rue Wiertz
B-1050 Brusselles Belgium

Online Meeting - 18/11/2014

 

7:30pm CET - 18/11/2014 ¦ Platform: Hangouts (until suitable alternative is solved)

Present: Josef, Shenna, Gio, Micha, Joan

Apologies: Krassi

Quorum: No

Moderation: Joan

Minutes: Micha

 

  1. Personal updates

 

  1. Office updates

    1. Work this week

Help in Project assistant selection, Logistical and admin preps for the TCM, compilation of WGM + COP PTM +ECM+Istanbul Council  reimbursements, final transfer with Maggie, preps for the joint FYEG-CDN-GEF-Gyg conference, financial forms for the EP visit (COP), support COP PT, visas for the non-EU pax, pending approval of new EC & SG for Moniteur Belge/Commerce du Tribunal, payments (FYEG Volunteer time Contribution in kind), GEF partnership with COP20 seminar ff-up, climate campaign fundraising monitor contributions from MEPs

Priorities

>> All - speed up project assistant selection

  • Finances are on track. There is leftover (:D)

  • Long-Term Cooperation with CDN?

  • GEF Application DL 14 Dec. (added as Agenda Point)

    1. Upcoming deadlines

Nov. 18- non-EU EP visit reimbursement request to Quaestors

  • Shenna to feed back if denied.

Nov. 18 - EP registrations for Twinning Cities meeting (done)

Nov. 20 -EP registrations for Climate seminar (2 groups)

Nov. 23 - Climate Campaign Team selection

Nov. 24- EGP financial report (justification of 3.5% & joint budget line of activities)

Nov. 25 - Accountant visit

Dec. 17 - Erasmus+ Operating Grant 2015 application

  • Milena and Shenna to work on it

  • Integral to our operating

Dec. 14 - Project applications to GEF for 2015

Dec. 19 - Report for GEF Tbilisi project

January - Report for Erasmus+ Operating Grant 2014

 

    1. Priority setting

      1. Erasmus Operating Grant

      2. Twinning Cities

 

  1. Financial update

  • change of mandate for bank account,

  • Participation fee for the Young candidates of Krassi & Terry still to be paid by FYEG.

  • Smooth cashflow

 

  1. Approve minutes of last meeting

    1. cant approve bc of quorum

 

  1. Invitations and matters requiring consideration

    1. Invitation to lobbyist events

      1. Vattenfall (conflict with the Twinning cities meeting)

      2. US Embassy (neither Micha nor Shenna are free to attend)

        1. Publish the Invitation and that we are not going. Gio to put it up

    2. Invitation by ecosprinter

      1. Write Motions in Article Forms

        1. Micha writes within 2 Weeks Short Paragraph on Ebola

        2. Pepa writes on Intercontinental HOTEL? Within 2 weeks

 

    1. Selection of Project Assistant

DEADLINE???

 

  1.  Communication

    1. Newsletter >> Everyone to complete their part, DL 23 Nov

    2. Social media + PR plan

      1. Reach is going low without payment

      2. Next year possible budget on fb?

      3. Gio will propose visuals for our content

      4. Please be in contact with Edu as well on social media

 

Wednesday

 

Thursday

Halloween fundraiser outcome

Friday

 

Saturday

EGP council outcome

Sunday

 

Monday

 

Tuesday

 

 

 

    1.  Mumble progress

      • postponed

    1. Website

      1. Who wants user access - Krassi, Joan

    2. Corporate Identity

      1. Logos for projects - ad hoc or start a plan?

        1. EC to return Questionaires

        2. Only Micha and Marie filled it

        3. Gio will send it around again

 

  1. Activities: any updates, and current plans

    1. Politicising the Personal Gio

      1. Current draft here. >> Everyone to comment + agree

      2. Next steps?

        1. Shenna can share contacts of interested people

        2. Gio will revise the doc within 2 days

        3. EC to approve it then

        4. Proposal to be send to MEPs for contributing and involvement

          1. 400 Budget: Communication Money from MEPs. Terry, Linea, Ernest, Ska :)

        5. Costs of website-domain? Possibility to include it as a follow-up on

 

    1. Olive Tree Branch Joan

  • Call still open. Number of applicants so far (Shenna)? 1: Richard H.

    • Joan contact EC to contact MOs.

  • Opportunity by Vesna >> JGP to investigate.

    • Heinrich Böll cant fund entire trip. Would be happy to support to invite us for dinner in the region (OPT/Israel).

    1. Climate Joan/Shenna/Marie

      1. Alter-COP20 Seminar preparation

        1. Update

        2. Any risks/help needed/EC decisions

          1. Personal details missing for EP visits - Evangelos+Shenna

          2. Trainer: Benjamin?

        3. Budget: sent to EC

Confirmed: GEF 2K (Milena & Shenna to ff-up), GGEP 3K, EGP

(Shenna to request for the leftover FYEG-EGP budget 2K), estimated 11K for EP visit

  • Micha to ask Group about missing money (3k)

      1. Climate campaign

  • Call out for campaign team.

  • Campaign plan initial brainstorming draft

    • Offer of Benjamin to help in the campaign planning

    • Possibility to submit project proposal to GEF for the trainings/capacity-building part of the campaign (doubles as meeting opportunities)

  • Horror Fundraising Follow-up

    • Joan to communicate to Loren and follow-up

 

    1. Far right, populism and inclusion Josef/Micha

  • Define further process:

    • Micha to finalise proposal for Populism Conference, Josef and Micha this week.

    • Shenna & Maggie has been in exchange with EYF past few days about our application (Spring Camp) based on their feedback

    • Shenna forwarded Feedback to Pepa, she will also forward to Micha (done)

    1. Capacity building exchange

      1. Skip

 

    1. Twinning cities Milena

      1. Update

        1. (any issue with parliamentary visits?)

      2. Any risks/help needed/EC decisions

      3. Support for Edu for presentation (of project + survey outcome) is needed

      4. Milena to write to EC to write down what kind of support is needed

 

  1. Network updates

    1. MOs

      1. Updated contact details - not all there >> everyone to update

        1. Gio to update the MO list on the website

        2. Shenna to update the MO-list

      2. GA report form Irish YGs. Chase up others, publish together?

      3. Ask your MOs about their GAs

      4. Other?

 

    1. WGs skipped for this week

      1. WGM follow-up: reminder for tickets, also fundraising presentation

      2. Is anything required? Send minutes/overview?

      3. Check WGs have incorporated plans

    2. Ecosprinter

      1. Joint GEF-Project Proposal? - Marie

 

  1. Partners

    1. YFJ

      1. GA

        1. Any risks/help needed/EC decisions

Here are some notes on our preparation process for the GA. Krassi would like to publish tomorrow an article about the YFJ GA and the candidacy of Felix and send an email to MOs in case they would like to give their support by twitting. Climate workshop almost finalized, amendments for TTIP are available and you can also give your word on them.

 

    1. EGP

      1. agree to write (SHORT) summary of Council outcomes?

      2. Micha/Krassi - find out outcomes of EGP activity plan

    2. CDN

EC input on long-term cooperation with CDN (to be presented in Tbilisi on Nov. 27 or 30)

  • EC - read documents about CDN strategy + treasurers meeting

  • Gio - to send through specific questions/issues to reflect on

 

    1. GYG

    2. GEF:

      1. What should we apply for? EC to react to Shenna’s email until the 4th of December?

 

 

  1. Reimbursements and  EC meetings

    1. Milena email 10/11 regarding reimbursement procedures.

    2. >> Fill in travel costs for December ECm here.

 

 

  1. Internal structure

  2. Previous actions recap

    1. Gio, Micha, Pepa - Economic Compass promotion, translation, launch. Also take into account EYF feedback: need for PDF version of games,  Index of the games (Gio, Vesna & Shenna) DL ASAP

 

 

  1.  AOB

 

  1. Postpone to next week

  2. -- Discuss GA at ECM: GA hosting applications from Hungary & Georgia. Someone has to check as well if Ukraine is still up for hosting