• Contact Info
+32 (0) 2 62 60 72 7
+32 (0) 4 95 12 96 01
34 rue du Taciturne
Brussels B-1000, Belgium

Minutes: EC Phone Conference 18.04.2011

Click read more to read these minutes.

FYEG Skype Conference 18th April 2011

Agenda:

• Personal updates
• office update
• EGP
• Wgs
• CM
• Eurmed
• GA
• Reports
• Budget
• Technicalities
• Spring Conference
• Campus Gruen meeting
• Future seminars
• LGBTQ Balkans
• Kenya
• Finance
• External book keeping
• AOB

Minutes:

Present: Markus, Delfina, Nikola, Nicolas, Maggie, Terry, Dave, Seb

• Personal updates: Noted

• office update: Markus absent

• EGP

• Wgs:
Need to decide over next couple of weeks who will rep FYEG in EGP WGs, especially GND Social considering important work to be completed between now and Autumn EGP Council. Jocelyne from ENGS requests GND Social cooperation. Delfina emails Jocelyne
Future of EGP working group FYEG rep also needs to be decided soon.

• CM
Delfina will attend EGP CM on Friday 6th May. Will be back for GA on Saturday. Necessery to present projects such as Kenya seminar as they need EGP financial backing. We will be absent from Future of EGP WG meeting as it clashes with GA and EGP CM.

• Eurmed
EGP wants to start Euromed network. Want Terry to be in steering committee. Important that Falafel Barcelona seminar takes place. Delfina to do some serious application translation.

• GA

• Reports
EC reports similar format to Terry's.
WG report deadline this Wednesday.

• Budget
Dave needs final budget from Philippe. Phil will send once finalised.

• Technicalities
Free wireless for office and EC. 2 hours for participants. Problems with Visas have been largely tresolved.

• Spring Conference
Speaker confirmations: Ska, Tadzio Mueller, Karemi. Claude Turmes, Jan Philipp Albrecht can only arrive Fri afternoon so not possible for him to moderate workshop on Thursday, UK Uncut speaker should confirm today/tomorrow.
Not able to attend: Emilie Turunen (possibility of Danish elections), Annalena Baerbock, Labour Union reps (possibility of a local union rep – Nic looks into it).
Stephan? GEF rep? Delfina will write to Marina (although she will prob only be able to make Sat/Sun)
Nic will initiate further discussion over email.

• Campus Gruen meeting
Nic met with Lena from Campus Gruen office. Discussed programme structure, seems ambitious, HBF backing, looks like a good congress. Worry about participants. FYEG willing to help. Promotional material for GA. 2 or 3 guests from Campus Gruen will possibly apply for GA.
Nic will put them in contact with Vladan.

• Future seminars

• LGBTQ Seminars in Balkans
LGBTQ Balkans seminar - EC applies with GEF? HBF have been contacted, seem vaguely interested. Possible extra funding from GGEP and HBF. Funding request for two with possibility of a third.

• Kenya
Possibly have to cancel Kenya seminar. Not enough funding. Waiting for EGP final decision in mid May committee meeting. Possibly postpone until next year.

• Finance

• External book keeping
Katherine Maas hasn't received receipts, lost in post?
Markus: Sent as registered post, shows up as having arrived.
David: We won't be able to present external book keeping at GA unless issue is resolved.
Markus: EGP want book keeping to be closed for this year before we receive rest of money.
Dave will call Katherine tomorrow (19th April)

• AOB
Johnny's proposal for Democracy WG – it's cool!
Committee members GA departure time/date? - Tuesday 10th
Hostel compensation – Dave will call tomorrow (19th April)