• Contact Info
+32 (0) 2 62 60 72 7
+32 (0) 4 95 12 96 01
34 rue du Taciturne
Brussels B-1000, Belgium

FYEG Executive Committee Meeting in Spa, Belgium

FYEG Executive Committee Meeting

2nd to 4th of January 2016

Spa, Belgium

 

 

1.1 Paris

1.1.1 AlterCOP

1.1.2 D10-12

1.1.3 General: delegation, events, communication, climate campaign

1.2 Lyon EGP Council

1.3 Specific events: on request

1.3.1 MO GAs

1.3.2 Albania CknB

1.3.3 Macedonia Study Visit

1.3.4 Athens/Greek elections

1.3.5 YFJGA in Madrid

1.3.6 Common Action in Tarragona

1.4 Evaluation of task division made in Austria

1.5 General communication within the EC, EC/Office and ECM

1.5.1 Means of communication

Mailing list

Fb chat

Glip

Skype/Hangout/other

1.5.2 Google docs

1.5.3 ECMs

1.6 General communication with partners

1.7 (Financial evaluation)

1.8 Updates

1.8.1 Member Organisations

East

Center-West

South

North

Swedish YG

1.8.2 Working Groups

 

2 Planning the second part of the mandate

 

2.1 Internal organisation

2.1.1 EC

2.1.1.1 Communication within the EC

2.1.1.2 Tasks division within the EC

2.1.2 Office

2.1.2.1 Office structure and Sec Gen case

(intern, project assistant, office coordinator/ad interim sec gen, sec gen hiring)

2.1.2.2 Communication Office/EC

2.1.2.3 Tasks division Office/EC

2.1.3 Upcoming administrative deadlines for reports/applications

2.2 Projects

2.2.1 SPM

2.2.2 GA

2.2.3 Utrecht EGP Council

2.2.3.1 Possible resolution on GoT

2.2.3.2 Money for COP22

2.2.3.3 General relation with EGP (WGs/Regional work…)

2.2.3.4 Old Greens proposal for action

2.2.3.5 EGP Working Groups

2.2.4 Twinning Cities

2.2.5 Summer Camp

2.2.6 Future of Europe Conference

2.2.7 Sex Ed seminar

2.2.8 COP22

2.2.9 Climate activities

2.2.10 TTIP

2.2.11 Migration campaign

2.3 Financial planification

2.4 External communication

2.4.1 Newsletter

2.4.2 Template for statements/PRs

2.4.3 Press list

2.4.4 MEP list

2.4.5 Dossier de Presse - presentation of FYEG

2.4.6 Business cards

MINUTES

0 Organising this ECM

 

0.1 Going through agenda

0.2 Timeline

0.3 Roles (moderation, minutes, timekeeping)

 

1 First part of the mandate: evaluation

 

1.1 Paris

1.1.1 AlterCOP

1.1.2 D10-12

 

Johannes presents thoughts from discussing with EC members about Paris.

Question that came up: was I there as participant or was I there as EC?

Some recommendations for the future:

 

Being a role model to participants. (Being on time, being active [observant], identifying problematic things, supplementary HR on the spot)

- in the future to have EC briefing before events

- Clear task division (take on unexpected tasks; help with logistics?) logistics depends on context

- Paris did not have prep team, specific event should be clear task division for logistics; EC not priority to deal with that (there is local prep team, prep team, etc)

- We should set a standard for our events so that people are not surpised anymore if things go right/wrong

- Procedure for appointing prep team and function of prep team must be clarified

- we should have clear responsibilities and procedures for logistics, not necessary to have complicated decision-making procedures, it is ok to be a little bit bossy in order to make sure that things work

- Being proactive and putting participants and content first (although it is someone else’s final responsibility to make sure that a task is exectued [like cleaning a table])

- EC members must better understand what tasks prep team need to accomplish, so that when they make the selection they select competent people -> in that case these issues should not be a concern of the EC.

 

Delegate stuff, even if…

-- the person you are delegating to has less knowledge and experience on the particular project

-- in order for us all to have ownership of the project

-- depending on person who has (partial) leadership of a project - ask for help, look around, who can help, who is a resource, can the person really do it

1.2 Lyon EGP Council

 

Political context and results of EGP are analysed. How can we improve FYEG presence at the next EGP council, what did we achieved politically?

 

Since it was the first council many things were new and we should focus on a good introduction to the next EC to the EGP.

We should also reevaluate the logistics, it would have been better to stay toegther in one place.

1.3 Specific events: on request

1.3.1 MO GAs

 

Teo: list of Mos that had GA

 

DWARS (Morgan and Laura were there, they are not really active in FYEG, we talked to them and will try to get them involved especially for SPM - they doing right atm - update on the situation of DWARS - update on the political situation in the Netherlands, interestingly they invited a guy from the socialist to talk at their GA

GJ (Morgan and Laura went - rebuilding phase - hard times with old greens - least number of members ever at their GA around 200.

JG Switzerland (cengiz: elections were recently lost by greens but the youth wing had a succeful campaign - getting a italian speaking group atm - really active - they were in Paris - Daniel was at the GA)

YGEW Johannes: you already received written report, any qs?

ViNO (Teo: big changes in the office at last GA - new sec gen, office manager one of the two spokes is new - task division will be done and international secretary appointed

Marie: we should report about attended GAs and congratulate new elected people - distribution should be discussed so all EC members can attend a GA from MOs

 

Teo: it shouldn’t be a common practice to attend all our MOs’ GAs - we need to evaluate the results of our participation in these GAs - tasks for MO coordinator

Laura: When it has no financial impact we can go, else there should be a reason why we spend money on going to GAs.

Johannes: there need to be clear and defined goals when we go there - our attitudes there play a big role in FYEG’s image

Georgian YG GA: changed IRPs, defined political priorities, only one person got enough votes to get to the second round.

1.3.3 Macedonia Study Visit

 

Better overview need to be established and report needs to be finished. When finished it can be a basis for a recommendation for if MODOM applies for full membership.

 

1.3.4 Athens/Greek elections

 

We should prepare such “electoral trips” much better - we had a noticable impact locally but need to consolidate our presence and strategy for such visits.

 

1.3.5 YFJGA in Madrid

 

Iryna: report was written.

 

1.3.6 Common Action in Tarragona

 

Marie: presenting FYEG to Anna Lindh members since we’re part of it - communication event - possibility to get money but follow-up needed good to keep the connection with the network

 

1.4 Evaluation of task division made in Austria

1.5 General communication within the EC, EC/Office and ECM

1.5.1 Means of communication

GLIP

CONCLUSIONS: Abandon Glip. Morgan will look for alternative.

 

Mailing list

We spoke about 48 hour rule, we should stick to this. Good if one of the spokes is aware if there is any coms which are proposed.  

 

Skype/Hangout/other

We need to have more Skype meetings and find a regular date for the new year. Johannes will send out a doodle.  

About techinical stuff, we try one meeting with Skype, Hangout, then Mumble, you must download it but sound quality is really good.

 

Marie: Last EC, choose one day and set it as regular. Also can adapt the time on the day, if needed.

1.5.2 Google docs

Marie: Best to use Google Forms for all events, this will increase accuracy of planning and make facilitation better.

 

1.5.3 ECMs

 

We should have one ECM in Utrecht together with EGP.

 

1.6 General communication with partners

We need to work more on our cooperation with GEF, Cengiz will take this forward and also work on Social Rights series.

 

A second application was meant to be submitted to GEF but this never happened. If Morgan can make suggestions about a way forward that would be appreciated.

 

Communication with CDN

 

CDNKiev media event. They will have their GA after our SPM and one EC member should attend.  

Iryna will attend it.

 

EGP

 

The RUMB event organized by EGP. Present: Asya from Belarus, 2 delegates Moldova, big delegation from Ukraine. The EGP is going to organize big event in Kiev in April which coincides with the Chornobul Catastrophy,  with a focus on RUMB region developing then on Eastern Partnership project.

 

GGEP

 

We should strengthen our working with them. Laura is currently the contact and lead person, she will further investigate opportunities for funding for projects.

 

GYG

 

Global Greens have a new SecGen

 

European Youth Forum

 

1.7 Financial evaluation

 

Tornike: There are two sides of finances: political and technical, which are interconnected.

 

The accountance report needs to be done by September 2016 we need to considerably work on this. The FCC report is also due next year.

 

The question is how FYEG office is working on finances, what shall be the long run task division between the external accountant and the office.

We have in total three admin reports, 3.5 % of admin grant from the EGP, EYF structural grant are due in June.

1.8 Updates

1.8.1 Member Organisations

East

 

MODOM active in CDN. Recommendation to visit MODOM again when we are in MK for GA.

 

In Ukraine a lot of new people came. 16-18 years old. Many of them applied for the event.

 

CzechYG GA - will happen on 15 January

Poland Polish YG wrote a statement. Translated into English. By Monday.

 

Spain

Elections in Spain. Preparing something for the Ecosprinter. Lots of them came to Paris events. Some of the people in Catalonia too.

 

France. Next thematic is democracy, to end the state of emergency.

 

Italy. Still in contact with one person.

 

Greece. Wrote an article for the Ecosprinter. Some came to Paris. We are ok.

 

Turkey. Iklim icin. Reserved business.

 

Grapes. There is interest. Been in touch with all of them. Can be in connection with FALAFEL.

 

Scotland

 

Elections next year. Young Greens may be employed in campaigning.

 

Swedish YG

 

Situation with SYG.

Gio and Teo will look into this situation.

 

Baltics

Morgan has many contacts in the region. Try with YFJ.

 

1.8.2 Working Groups

 

Had a Coordinators’ Skype. Would be good to have it regularly. Maybe one of us could be a speaker on next meeting.

 

Some WGs are functional, some not. Migration, gender are working.

 

 

 

2 Planning the second part of the mandate

 

2.1 Internal organisation

2.1.1 EC

 

2.1.1.1 Communication within the EC

 

Climate Campaign was ok itself, but I was expecting us to be more active in paris, but it ddn’t work out. I think this is a lot, but don’t see any possible changes.

 

Marie: everytime someone was main responsible, I was making up the space for the leading person. for South MOs help will be appreciated, since FALAFEL network may be revitalized and it’s gonna be a lot. Migration campaign, nothing’s happening so far.

 

Teo: about the MOs, what do you mean by support?

Marie: relations with Falafel network or Grapes. If we want something to happen, we need to work more actively with these people.

 

Cengiz will communicate with EC and cooridnate the collection of GAs, contct info etc.

 

Nesletter template is already really advanced, we’ve been working on a template so it’s not good to have parallel process.

 

Laura: Office coordination took more time than I expected, that’s what I’m busy with at the moment and appreciate that Johannes is helping. MO west and central, very good cooperation with Morgan, were in touch with the MOs.

OTB We are trying to get somewhere, but it is a lot of stuff and we may need to reconsider the general direction it can take.

 

Johannes: We won’t be able to make FYEG perfect in structure but improvements are already happening. We should not put too much emphasis on making strucures perfect.

Mixed feelings on the EC coordination. not too much fun and am not happy with the quality always. We need to think about in which ways we do EC coordination. We should keep this as a task, because it’s very important.

Enjoying office coordination however. MO north are cool.

 

Teo: Spokesperson task, was doing mostly external communication task. I have a clearer picture what is needed and what’s a potential of this task. we need more political creativity nad substance and planning. Democracy WG, was a bit involved in the beginning but they were active and I left them alone for a while. Worked on project applications and it was satisfying. I was pioritizing the adhoc tasks, but maybe it’s time to focus on some tasks that require reflections

 

Iryna: SPP working groups is finalizing the process from last year still, but is still active. while Peace WG is less active. I am working on guidelines for EC members on events and guidelines on how to organize the events. Most of my tasks are due to next halp of mandate.

 

Teo: how are Iryna and Cengiz involved in project planning and strategic planning (tasks)

 

Cengiz: it’s more abstract and is connected to strategic planning that is still to come.

2.1.1.2 Tasks division within the EC

 

2.1.2 Office

2.1.2.1 Office structure and Sec Gen case

 

Karolina until Feb. She wants to be involved in transition.

Project assistant:

 

Laura: Residence permit, new contract needed, task clarification in the contract, content of the work. Its better to have concrete tasks in the contract.

Gio: from last retreat i rised this topic. it’s easier to work with concrete tasks  but i also want to change the title in order to work more with project then just to be an assistent in the office. So, i suggest to add in tasks and responcibilities:

 

1)Determination of project requirements, identification partners and funders
2)Reviewing project proposals, writing and submission of applications
3)Participation in project implementation and assuring the quality of the project
4)Communication with funders and partners regarding ongoing projects
5)Finalization and submission of narrative and financial reports

 

Laura: it’s fine to keep 5 points in official document

 

Discussion about Gio’s contract.

SecGen ad interim

Discussion about office management and new Sec Gen, how to coordinate tasks with the office and what should the role of project asisstant entail.

 

Laura: Have to send a new call for Sec Gen, normal procedure. First GA will have to approve old SecGen resignation and really important and start looking for someone.

 

 

2.1.2.2 Communication Office/EC

 

Discussion about roles and how to more effectively use the tools we have now.

 

2.1.2.3 Tasks division Office/EC

 

Laura : We already discusssed that earlier, we talked abt intern etc.

2.1.3 Upcoming administrative deadlines for reports/applications

 

We have three deadlines in February about Structural Grant.

Erasmus + is very strict, structural grant, 31st January [Correction February 29th].

We have to work closely with CDN on that. Last time we had some troubles. We do have to submitt bills from past activities - kind of a follow-up report from past activities. Gio could try to find something on the internet.

 

EGP Structural grant will also be received soon.

 

Gio and Marie will work on the financial reporting of Alter COP. Gio will dig in and tell Marie.

Cengiz : Deadlines for projects. Around 5th February we need to be ready for the SPM. Which means we have to register the participants to the EP.

 

List of deadlines:

Erasmus + : Two types of projects, youth exchanges (Malta), 1st april for national agencies, but Central agencies (executive agencies) 1st april.

 

and Capacity Building in the field of youth 2nd February 12:00 they are 1 year project  (starting 1st August til dec)

1st July => next year C

 

EYFInternational activities to be carried out between 1 January and 30 June (1st half of the following year) 1st april

2.2 Projects

2.2.1 SPM

 

Cengiz is a coordinator the prep team is working, setting up a program. Petra wrote a timetable, Teo and Cengiz are feedbacking it. The other group is doing financial stuff. Content and logisics are separated. We try to focus on establishing a very precoise prpogram. We got in the prep team Iryna, Laura, Cengiz, Teo, Maria and Petra.

  • Do we prepare proposals , like topics that we propose at the SPM

  • The regional coordinators should contact their people.

 

Tasks :Petra draft agenda. Cengiz pannels. Teo survey as in Prague for the MOs. He will send it before, one month before, and will use the responses to better prepare the event.

Laura: tries to get 20 seats more.

 

We should make MOs aware of this process and be constantly aware when EC meetigs take place in case we need to place something on the EC list.

 

2.2.2 GA

 

There are three things to keep in mind. We need a budget for the GA and communicate it with the Czech Young Greens Teo, Iryna and Tornike need to work on this. Deadline for Registration is 3rd March. Deadline for the candidates is 28th April.

Marie: Deadline for presidency is a bit problematic, because if we are late with selection.

2.2.3 Utrecht EGP Council

2.2.3.1 Possible resolution

Marie: resolution on Turkish Government. It’s important to remind old greens about us and it’s an important topic.

2.2.3.2 Fundraising action

2.2.3.3 General relation with EGP (WGs/Regional work…)

ToDo: Find a delegate to EGP Migration WG

2.2.3.4 Old Greens proposal for action

2.2.4 Twinning Cities

 

No news on application.

7-12 March in Gothenberg, Marie, Laura interested to go

 

2.2.5 Summer Camp

GF wants to have their partner’s meeting, so there is a chance that we could use their resources to bring non-eu pax to Serbia or cover shae of accommodation. The office member in charge needs to make a study visit in Serbia. At this point, we need to work on fundraising, study visit, and programme/ important speakers.

The new ec, could have their retreat in this region, in order to spare some money from the budget.

 

2.2.6 Future of Europe Conference

Cengiz: The application is in. The idea is the series of events on this topic. another event apart from summer camp is conference on democracy/post-austerity democracy taking place in Athens. The other conference will be in Brussels, on specific implications of the financial crisis. One of the outcomes could be establishing network within FYEG for follow up work on this topic.

We could set up prep-team in April.

 

2.2.7 Sex Ed seminar

 

We are on waiting list. Will know more in the summer.

 

2.2.8 COP22

Erasmus+ funding that makes sense for a Euro-Med project, E+ because you can have many partners. Around Marrakesh, COP is 7-18 November. Do we want to make this a Euromed project?

 

Marie will work on this until 2 Feb deadline. Started preparations for this in Paris.

We had a plan to have something for COP22, we are runnin out of time. If we miss this deadline, we are screwed. If we miss this deadline, much harder to fix than this year.

 

Gio: E+ good because you can implement in this timeline. Other fundings, projects won’t start until 2017.

 

Teo: If we want to do something in November in Marrakesh, deadline is 26 of April. If we want to do something before (meeting of the partners etc) then deadline is 2 February. Gio, could you check what these deadlines mean?

 

We can postpone everything but we have less security, much harder to get cofunding. Same project as Malta, each partner sending 2-3 people. Heinrich Boll in North Africa. Gio can look into this. It is Important to have partners for cofunding so it is open for everyone besides partners.

Marie: Important to find partners from the Mediterranean. From FYEG MOs, its not a problem. We can try, but they must be good, serious partners.

 

We need to link climate and migration, organize an educational event that we bring a lot of youngsters to discuss this issue. We had this good lecturer from the COY. Interesting topic and we can look at different aspects of it. Could be tranformed into full educational program. Way easier to find money for project where migration and refugee issues are being tackled. People very interested in our multi-seminar.

 

We could have an event that is supporting more mobilization, but like Gio said, hard to find money for. I would like to continue working on climate and migration, articles and raising awareness about this. Regarding the activity itself in Morrocco, really interesting to have several topics- migration (different days with different themes, connect it to different partners). Use this event to organize a lot of different workshops and debates that are either closed or open to the public.

 

People have been to preparations for COP22, many organizations mobilizing, not the same. Many Euro-med networks, going to be an African COP, things will be more concrete later.

 

We are going for 2nd of February, in the meantime starting from now, we need to find reliable partners.

 

Teo: the most important thing to do is to find a hosting organization in Morocco.

Laura: We don’t have any reliable organizations in Morocco

Gio: Green Forum looking for other partners in Morocco, found some other partners, I can ask around. Do it this week.

Teo: I would like to help Marie

Marie: Those already interested to help- Anna from Sweden, Jalal from Spain

 

2.2.9 Climate activities

Ende Gelände - this is an activity organised in Germany weekend before hte EGP Council in Utrecht. We could help to be a connecting point and make other Greens. We can organise and encourage people from MOs to go there. Locally organising people to do.

 

Morgan will make a plan and work on this to connect people and have a FYEG presence there.

 

2.2.10 TTIP

Morgan - one part is the mobilisation of our MOs, where we can also use our strengths.


Morgan - Timeline - ASAP we will have a timeline for the activities and make a proposal. There will also be a propsal of what we say to the EGP.

 

2.2.11 Migration campaign

Marie will create a timeline and map out what are the political and other events which are imporatnt. Working with Ska and others.

2.3 Financial plan

 

FCC shoudl be present at the SPM present.

There should be two SPP meetings per year and

We need to have a meetign of FCC before the GA in April

-Some discussion regarding of why FCC meeting needs to happen after the SPM in Februrary. -

 

Important by SPM that we can explain what happened and have an overview. Give MOs options regarding budget. Then there will be a follow up and you will need to work with the FCC for something to be presented to the GA.

Laura will assist Tornike with this.

Very important that we get an indicative budget for the GA for the Czech Young Greens.

2.4 External communication

2.4.1 Newsletter

2.4.2 Template for statements/PRs

Gio will work on a design of a MailChimp template.

 

2.4.3 Press list

 

MOs will also have a press list and Karo will work on this.

 

2.4.4 MEP list

 

2.4.5 Dossier de Presse - presentation of FYEG

Press dossier - who we are, who are the spokes an introduction document. Teo will work on this and Marie can help.

 

2.4.6 Business cards ?

 

They are on the way -

 

2.4.7 Social media

We should be more visibe and have a bigger impact. Spokes and Iryna to work on this.