Today, citizens of Turkey are called to vote in a referendum on whether to change the type of regime in Turkey or not. This is an interesting question for any society. Debates on, and if...
Call for Project Manager
FYEG is opening a vacancy of PROJECT MANAGER starting from January 2017 (exact date negotiable) in its Brussels office.
Location: Rue Wiertz 31, 1050 Brussels, Belgium,
Working time: 38 hours a week, flexible working hours and occasional need to work on weekends,
Remuneration: 1600 EUR gross / month + additional benefits,
Contract type: contract for one year with a possibility of prolonging.
The PROJECT MANAGER is responsible for implementing FYEG's Activity Plan and thematic projects. This means taking ownership of several FYEG's projects throughout each stage of their development: 1. submitting grant proposals and applications, 2. budgeting and financial management of projects, 3. coordinating project's prep teams, 4. project-related communication, 5. projects' logistics, 6. evaluation and reporting. This is a demanding role requiring good organization and time management skills, responsibility, ability to work independently and often under time pressure. Project Manager will be reporting to Secretary General and the Executive Committee of FYEG.
FYEG is an international NGO registered and operating under Belgian law. We are a dynamic youth organisation that unites Green youth movements, young Green activists and political organisations from all over Europe. We organize youth projects, summer camps, international training, conferences, campaigns for political change and serve as a youth lobbying organization and a platform for the exchange of ideas and knowledge. You can find more about FYEG at www.fyeg.org.
We are equal opportunities employer with a strong commitment to transparency and inclusiveness. People from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply and we will strive to have a diverse and inclusive working environment.
- Experience in project management, grant application and grant reporting,
- Ability to work independently and good organization of one's work,
- Good teamwork and personal communication skills,
- Good computer skills and ability to use various software, especially open source,
- Proficiency in English language.
Skills that would be additional asset:
- Knowledge of additional languages, especially French or Dutch,
- Involvement in or good knowledge of Green movement and Green politics,
- Extensive experience of working in the non-governmental sector.
- Following FYEG's yearly Activity Plan and timelines for specific projects,
- Identifying project funding sources and preparing project applications,
- End-to-end project management (from planning and fundraising to reporting),
- Traveling for project purposes and working on weekends occasionally required.
Please apply by sending your CV and short cover letter (explaining your experience and interest in this position) to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com org by 30th of November 2016 with topic “Project Manager application”.