|Call for Project Assistant|
Are you interested in working in an exciting and expanding international youth organisation? Are you also green in mind and prepared to work in Brussels for more than one year? If so, read the following text carefully.
The Federation of Young European Greens (FYEG) was founded in 1988 in Belgium, with the purpose of bringing together and training young environmental and Green political groups from all over Europe to encourage both mutual understanding and mutual action to promote a greener Europe. FYEG, youth wing of the European Green Party (EGP), has now 42 member organizations, from both Eastern and Western Europe, that are either the independent youth wings of national green parties or environmental non-governmental youth organizations (youth NGOs). The federation's goals are to strive for environmental and social justice, promote political ecology and be the European Young Green movement's motor on a European level,. In total FYEG represents around 22 000 young greens.
We are currently looking for 1 Project Assistant to assist the Secretary-General in our headquarters in Brussels. The position is part-time (30 hours/week) starting as soon as possible for 2 years with a trial period of 3 months. Working hours are flexible and you can therefore fix it according to your studies, job or other interests. Your personal or educational needs and wishes are the basis of our co-operation. The “pre-tax” salary will be 1200 EUR/month and after tax will be more or less 1050 EUR/month according to the requirements of the Belgian labour law.
According to the office work-load, your competences and motivation, you will also be involved in other activities FYEG conducts. His/her tasks include:
Assisting Secretary General in daily management of the FYEG office and general administration:
assisting Treasurer and Secretary General in financial management and accountancy,
reply to administrative and informative requests,
The development, organization and implementation of FYEG’s campaigns and projects, such as seminars, conferences, exchanges and General Assemblies
responsible for project applications development – write and submit final versions of project applications
organize financial management of projects and financial reporting assist in educational events preparations as a facilitator and educational adviser of international preparatory teams assist in organization of Executive Committee Meetings, Working groups meetings and other activities of FYEG
Being Project Assistant of FYEG is a highly demanding position, requiring excellent organisational skills as well as substantial knowledge of Green politics, the EU and youth policies.
We are looking for someone with the following profile:
• Substantial experience in a Young Green organisation and good knowledge of FYEG. Additional experience in youth and voluntary organisations or NGOs will be considered as an advantage, especially when on an international level.
• Experience with youth projects management and effective problem-solving skills
• Experience with writing project applications and working in international preparatory teams
• Experience and knowledge of principles and methods of non-formal education in international youth work
• Excellent written and spoken English, working knowledge of either Dutch or French is a strong asset.
• Excellent organizational skills, the ability to multi-task and to work under high pressure and tight deadlines.
• Ability to take initiative and to work in a multi-cultural team,
• Knowledge of basic accounting
• Computer skills including using of free software (OoO, ubuntu, joomla, etc..).
• Willingness to engage in frequent travel, to have flexible working hours – long working days and work during the weekends.
• Interest in and knowledge of the EU institutions, and awareness of youth policy and environmental, gender, migration and human rights issues.
• Preferably younger than 30 years old.
What we offer you:
• To work in a dynamic, international, young and Green environment.
• The opportunity to enhance your knowledge of European, Green and youth politics.
• Frequent and extensive travel.
• The opportunity to network in Brussels.
• Around € 1050,- “net” per month, according to the requirements of the Belgian labour law.
If you recognise yourself in this profile, please send your application before the 30th of July 2012 to the FYEG office (email@example.com). Your application must include:
• Comprehensive motivation letter, explaining how your experiences match the profile, what you think you can contribute to FYEG and your vision on the role of non formal education in work of European political youth organization.
• The contact details of two references, preferably employers, supervisors or tutors, youth organisations you were involved before etc.
Further stages of the recruitment procedure:
• Only applications sent before the given deadline will be examined taking into consideration both political and professional skills of the candidate. Between the 1st of August and 10th of August short listed candidates will be given a written assignment followed by a phone interview. Due to summer holidays we will be flexible and arrange dates directly with short listed candidates.
• The Executive Committee will assess the candidates' experience and skills and will support (by internal vote) one candidate.