|Minutes: EC Phone Conference 21.11.2011|
Opening of the meeting
Selecting of the secretary and the moderators of the meeting
Confirming of quorum and validity of meeting
Attendance: Steva, Merja, Terry, Jakob, Gaya
Missing: Maggie, Nic, Nikola
The meeting is valid when at least four of the EC members are present.
Approving the agenda
The agenda was approved as it is.
1. Personal updates
The personal updates were provided.
2. Office update
-Grant application for YiA has been finalized, EC members should write reports etc. already more in advance, then the office doesn’t have to do it alone
-visit to Parliament for COP -> gathering data for the people. Still a lot of admin work that needs to be done: will be done during this week
-Ecosprinter website: has been paid, will go online again soon
-This week input on the design of the printing material
3. “Employees” (Jakob)
- Zofia (will have a meeting in the office every Monday, Tuesday morning to get update from EC conference), Bea (is helping with the COP17 now as well), Hector.
-should be generally discussed more often, but skipped for now
4. FYEG statutory activities
4.1 Next ECM - time, venue, work on the agenda (Terry)
Quick confirmation of when, so we can go ahead and book:
20-22 January (decision of Berlin) -> but conflicting with the PPYO meeting in Brussels
3rd-5th February: proposal for changes, might take a bit longer than just the weekend (bc joint session with PPYO)
We move the ECM to the first weekend of february!!!
4.2 GA applications (no applications yet, will be sent on Wednesday evening)
- next prodedures: Steva will check the IRPs about next deadlines, Terry and Nic will be working on the agenda, we should start fund-raising, Green Forum Sweden (delegates Eastern Europe)
Terry: - check with HBF
Steva: Dutch foundation + green forum sweden
Jakob: - check the Gruene Akademie for support of delegations (austrians, eastern-europeans etc.)
5.1 Newsletters (Jakob):
The newsletter will be sent out on tuesday night, the draft will be sent around before, the presentation of the selected press officer published will be published in a short paragraph in the newsletter
5.2 Ecosprinter (Jakob)
The website was paid on time
-we love our MOs
-Irish and Cyprus young greens changed their contacts they will be updated on the website
-Steva will visit the EcoloJ and Jong Groen
Gender Working Group: will prepare a press release on day against violence against women, action day; Merja is going to draft it tonight and send it to the EC tonight, Bea will be included as well.
6.3 GYG Congress
-Fund-raising for GYG congress is going ok
-Application for young green organisations will be drafted soon
- FYEG will definitely give 1500 € with possibly 1500 € more
- we should start lobbying people to go to the GYG congress; Merja will draft a mobilisation e-mail for the general list and our MOs.
Caucasus meeting: Gaya had skype conference with Teo and Sopho, the meeting will take place on the first weekend in December with the participation of the Armenians, Georgians and Azeris. The agenda is drafted and will include the following topics: EU institutions (Democracy WG could be mentioned), Neighborhood Policies, the Eastern Partnership. Gaya will be there and will send the preliminary agenda, the EC can give input.
Jakob and Steva talked with CDN about Albania during a skype conference with Teo. The meeting will include four partner organisations (sending 4 participants each) and CDN (12 participants), in total 28 people. The event will be about nuclear energy, Pierre-Jean is prepteam member for campaign team (is also thinking about how the event can be used for the campaign), material should be one of the topics of the agenda, we will definitely try to have the campaign team meeting in Albania.
6.5 European Youth Forum
-CDN could think about joining the Youth Forum, Steva will get more information about this.
- report from COMEM (Maggie will provide a written report). we were really visible during the event, most of our amendments for the resolutions were adopted, on the Crisis, on Rio +20. Terry was not amused about the atmosphere there (election procedure reform?), Emily wasn’t elected.
6.6 Falafel Network
- person from Egypt (skipped)