Tomorrow, citizens across Europe commemorate the signature of the Treaty of Rome 60 years ago. This commemoration comes at a decisive moment for our continent. The European project is, more than ever...
Federation of European Young Greens donation policy.The Federation of European Young Greens (FYEG) donations policy is based on the following principles. Donations to FYEG will be used to support its own work and its member organisations.FYEG adheres to the following principles in relation to donations:
- Donations shall be used to support the implementation of FYEG aims and activities.
- Donations will not be accepted from an individual, organisation or company whose actions and values are inconsistent with the principles of the FYEG Political Plattform.
- The FYEG remains an independent organisation; donations of any kind cannot affect this independence in any way, in particular the political activities and principles of FYEG.
- The FYEG EC is responsible for determining how donations are spent.
- Donors may express their preference of how a donation is spent. The FYEG EC will try to abide by this wish. Should this be impossible, the EC can take the final decision in these situations.
- FYEG respects the rights of donors: to be informed about causes for which we are fundraising; to be informed about how their donation is being used; for their personal information to be held confidentially, to be informed of the status and authority of fundraisers.
- The EC is further responsible for implementing mechanisms that guarantee that donations to FYEG are not in conflict with national legislation regarding donation to political party youth organisations in countries where the donations are being made. Where more stringent national transparency regulations apply, they will be followed strictly.
- FYEG is allowed to enter into mutually beneficial arrangements with third parties. Any such arrangements must be relevant and not infringe upon the independence of the FYEG. These principles apply to donations, in-kind contributions, sponsorship, gifts, payments for advertising, revenue from mutual partnership schemes and similar incomes.
- FYEG will publish a list annually, specifying both donor and donation, for all donations exceeding 500 EUR per donor or per online donation, except during election campaigns to the European Parliament or for donations exceeding 2.000 EUR, where publication will take place immediately.
- FYEG does not accept: Anonymous donations or contributions; Donations exceeding 25.000 EUR per donor per annum; Donations from any undertaking over which the public authorities may exercise directly or indirectly a dominant influence by virtue of their ownership of it, their financial participation therein, or the rules which govern it; Donations from any public authority from a third country, including any undertaking over which the public authorities may exercise directly or indirectly a dominant influence by virtue of their ownership of it, their financial participation therein, or the rules which govern it.